Winter’s hitting hard. Warm up with a hearty, nutritious chili from Bark Porch Paleo that won’t wreck your healthy-eating resolutions. After you devour this, head over to their site to find a wealth of recipes to support your health goals.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups raw potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 oz organic diced green chiles
- 2 tsp Redmond Real Salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle (optional)
- 8 cups chicken bone broth
- 4 cups baked & diced chicken breast
- 2 tbsp Otto's cassava flour
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 handful cilantro, finely chopped
- garnish items: additional chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, avocado slices, organic corn chips, drizzle of coconut cream
In a 6-8qt stock pot, add avocado oil and onion. Sautée over medium heat until onions are soft and have a little bit of color to them
To that, add potatoes, garlic, green chilies, salt, cumin, cloves and chipotle (if using). Reduce heat a bit and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Stir occasionally until potatoes start to become soft.
Pour in 7 cups of the broth and toss in the diced chicken. Stir to combine and simmer for 15-20 minutes so that flavors can get very acquainted.
In a small bowl, add cassava flour and 1 cup of broth, whisk with a fork until well combined and you have a nice slurry.
Bring soup to a slow boil, while stirring, pour in cassava flour slurry and stir to combine. Reduce heat and cook an additional 5 minutes. Broth will thicken slightly.
Stir in chopped cilantro and stir. All ready to serve! Add garnish if using. Store any leftovers in the fridge for a week.