Fresh baked Focaccia
with Redmond Sea Salt, Spring Vegetables, Mozzarella, and Tapatio
For the Focaccia Dough
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Redmond Real Salt Fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspooon active dry yeast
- 1 3/4 cups room temperature water
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil + 4 more Tablespoons, for baking
- Redmond Real Salt Kosher Sea Salt
- 1 bunch Rainbow Chard cleaned and sliced into 2" pieces
- 1 roasted beet peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion or leeks thinly sliced
- fresh garlic finely chopped and mixed with 2 TBS olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- lemon cut in half for squeezing
- Tapatio to taste
For the focaccia dough, start with a medium mixing bowl. Add flour, Redmond Sea Salt, and yeast. Whisk together. Add the water, and mix the dough with a wooden spoon, continuing until all the water is incorporated. If it seems too dry, add more water 2 tablespoons at a time. The dough should be just slightly sticky. Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to the sides of the bowl and fold slightly under the dough.
While your focaccia dough is rising, prepare your toppings as suggested in the ingredients.
Once the dough has doubled in size (around 2 hours in a warm area), heat your oven to 475. In a quarter sheet tray or any oven safe tray with 4 sides (at least 1” deep), add 3 tablespoons olive oil and spread all over the tray. Turn dough out onto the tray and spread, spread, spread, using your fingertips to perforate the dough. Try to get it as even as possible spreading to each corner.
Begin topping! Start by brushing on garlic oil, then sprinkle Redmond Kosher sea salt evenly on top of the dough. Add chard, beets, fennel, onion, and cheese.
Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until crust is golden on the edges.
Add Tapatio, to taste.