Warmly spiced and simple to make, Apple Spice Waffles make a great grain-free breakfast for a weekend morning. Want more grain-free delights? Check out Back Porch Paleo here.
Apple Spice Waffles
- 1 cup Otto's Cassava Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Redmond Real Salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground clove (optional)
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1/4 cup ghee/grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, room temperature
- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup cinnamon apple chips
Cinnamon Butter Syrup:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup ghee/grass-fed butter
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Prepare Cinnamon Butter Syrup:
Combine maple syrup, butter/ghee, and cinnamon over low heat. Warm while preparing waffles.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine cassava flour, baking powder, salt, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger (if using). Whisk to combine.
In a small bowl, combine butter/ghee, maple syrup, water, vanilla, and egg. Using an electric mixer, blend until well combined.
Add wet ingredients to dry and blend with mixer until all dry ingredients are incorporated. Toss in the crushed dried apples, reserving a few for garnish.
Warm up the waffle iron and cook waffles until golden brown.
Eat right away or cool completely and freeze to enjoy later.